FedEx and the insane Philippines Customs Taxes

1. Jonh says:

Bago lang yata yang mga computations na yan, I purchased 3 stepper motors 3 yrs ago via Fedex and I only paid Php500.00 each as additional charge. 1 stepper motor cost $60 and weighs 1kg. when the packaged arrived, 1500.00 lang ang nabayaran ko.

2. JL says:

Now reading all these. I’m pretty scared. I have a package that just arrived Philippines yesterday morning, I am tracking it. Fedex din. Probably it’ll be delivered tomorrow or next day. It was all the way from cali. Declared value is $800 it is galaxy note 3 brand new and some chocolates. Weighing 10 lbs. Ung excitement ko nawala kinakabahan ako. :(

3. Br9d says:

Well it is indeed a lesson learned not to forget. I paid P1,947 last feb 28, 2014 from custom duties for a pair of binocular that I get it free from earned airline miles. The package delivered via UPS from Germany.

I came accross to this forum looking for answer on this ridiculous custom taxes, knowing I am not alone. Sad

4. carla says:

My fiance is sending me an iphone 5, laptop and and 2 louis vuitton bag all the way from florida he used http://www.worldparcelservices.net to shipped the items. I just tracked the shipment and a total of php12,500 total pending tax clearance is due. Has anyone encountered this courier?

• gail says:

I have the same issue with you carla. My bf sent me a gift and it was sent through this courier. How did it go with you? Did you pay 12,500? Were you able get the parcel? My parcel just arrived today and i dont know if i really have to pay, this maybe a scam. Pls text me Please 09493640966

• vanj says:

yes me too the same person and the same way

5. andee says:

hmmmm…. fed ex ripped u off…. customs office dont charge storage fees…. fedex is the one charging u with storage fees…
    i receive shipments monthly… i was never charged with storage fees….
    when i used fed ex… thaats when i was charged storage fee

6. Z says:

Kinakabahan na ako ah.

7. Bill Hlafka says:

I send a gift to a friend thru FedEx. When it arrived In the Philippines they notified my friend that she have to pay 33000 peso which come to 50% of the items value. They changed the changed it as imports in the Philippines. My friend can’t afford to pay the customs, so she decided not to accept it. So I called the FedEx to return the merchandise, I was told that everything is in order and they will shipped back, it’s been over week now.

8. caLoi says:

Just got a call from FedEx that i have a shipment waiting for clearance. I ordered a Cloud Boom FootBall edition Headphone that is on sale right now, free shipment worldwide. It is 50% off for only 15USD, that’s roughly 650php. Guess how much they’re charging me? Almost twice the price, PHP1200+. Who would pay that?! Bloodsucking vampires! SUCK3RS!!

• Gio says:

HEY @caLoi ! I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM! i bought the Coloud Football Edition Headphones which was on 50% sale. now i have to pay 1,250 pesos for the duties and taxes! so pissed! i was excited about how cheap it was but when a text message came, my heart broke. IMAGINE PAYING MORE THAN WHAT YOU BOUGHT JUST FOR TAXES AND USELESS CHARGES. I’M NEVER GONNA BUY FROM ABROAD AGAIN IF THE COURIER IS FEDEX. SO DISAPPOINTED. tip: try Johnny Air Cargo next time. Lesson learned indeed!

• Gio says:

(reply here)

9. Arie says:

Well I remembered having shoes I bought online from Hongkong shipped to our house in Rizal… I paid $45 for the shoes and the customs charge was P 1900.. almost $45, 100% of the price of the shoes I bought :/ It was my first time receiving something overseas so my mom and I were stunned. The best part? Freaking shoes didn’t even fit.
    Well at least the art book I bought from Canada wasn’t charged .. :)